What are today’s home buyers looking for and what types of homes sell best in the current market? When you’re selling your house, you want it to appeal to the widest range of buyers so that you have the best chance of selling it quickly and for the highest price.
In this post, our real estate experts at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Coldwell Real Estate Services will discuss what type of house sells best in Ocala, and what features buyers are looking for in the current market.
- Single-family, suburban homes tend to sell the best and are the most popular with home buyers. In particular, two-story detached homes in family-friendly neighborhoods.
- Single-family homes offer appealing features like large backyards for children or pets and sizable living areas with more privacy.
- Every housing market has different types of homes that sell best, depending on the demographic of buyers in the area.
What Type of House Sells Best?
In general, single-family, suburban homes tend to sell the best and are the most popular with home buyers. In particular, two-story detached homes in family-friendly neighborhoods often sell the quickest. There are a few key reasons for this:
- Space: Single-family homes in the suburbs provide more space compared to other housing options like condos and apartments. Single-family homes offer appealing features like large backyards for children or pets and sizable living areas with more privacy.
- Schools: Another appeal of single-family homes is that they’re located in suburban neighborhoods that are usually zoned to highly rated school districts. This is a huge draw for families with children.
- Investment: Buyers also see single-family homes as a good investment opportunity. These types of homes appreciate well over time, allowing the homeowner to gain equity and sell for a profit later on.
- Customization: Single-family homes are also appealing because they offer the opportunity for more customization. Depending on the size of the property, homeowners can add additions like swimming pools and new rooms, or expand the size of a current room.
- Safety: Single-family homes are often located in quiet suburban communities and as a result, usually have much lower crime rates than urban areas. This allows homeowners to feel protected and provide a safe space for their children.
What Other Types of Homes Are Popular in Ocala?
Different types of homes are popular with different types of home buyers. Other house styles currently in high demand from Ocala area home buyers include:
- Homes that integrate smart-home technology
- Homes with large amounts of land
- Homes with swimming pools and other outdoor features
Many buyers come to Ocala because of the area’s equestrian culture. For this reason, homes with more acreage are a popular choice. They provide the necessary space to own horses, not to mention room for barns, stables, and pens.
Similarly, homes with pools are another top choice in Ocala because of Florida’s humid climate and warm weather year-round. Pools are a great outdoor feature that can add a social focal point to any backyard, especially when combined with other outdoor amenities like spacious decks and patios.
In the end, every housing market has different types of homes that sell best, depending on the demographic of buyers in the area. But if you want to sell fast, you’ll generally have an easier time selling a two-story, single-family home in the suburbs.
To make your home really stand out, invest in some popular upgrades like new stainless steel appliances, redo the hardwood floors, and create an open layout floor plan. The more buyers that find the style of your house attractive, the quicker you’ll get an offer with maximum value.
Our Team Can Sell Any Type of House in Ocala
No matter what type of home you have, Scott Coldwell and our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Coldwell Real Estate Services can sell it fast and for top dollar. With 20 years of experience in the industry, we have what it takes to sell your home fast and get you top dollar at the same time.
Our track record of success is proven through our data– on average, we sell homes 48% faster and for 2.4% more money than our competitors. Plus, with our seller guarantees such as our Guaranteed Sale Program, you can ensure a risk-free home-selling experience.