Dunnellon Homes for Sale
If you’re tired of having to drive great distances to adventures, look for Dunnellon homes for sale! Is the ability to have a fun and exciting outdoor adventure something that is a top priority for you and your family? If so, you may want to consider searching for Dunnellon homes for sale. Why? Read on to find out!
Although the population in Dunnellon is only 1,733 residents, those individuals and families will be able to take part in adventures in a wide variety of locations in the area. These places include Blue Run of Dunnellon Park, Rainbow Springs State Park, Goethe State Forest, and many others. It is truly a recreational hotspot. You can also find lots of activities and thrilling events in which to participate and enjoy. If you want to enjoy this outdoor paradise, you should certainly begin to search for Dunnellon homes for sale.
From kayaking on the river to hiking through miles of terrain, the opportunities for adventure are boundless, and you will certainly appreciate your investment. To find out more about the housing inventory in Dunnellon or to get started on your home buying journey, be sure to give us a call.
Thinking about a new home? Learn more about restaurants, things to do, and daily life in the area by reading our short guide. Our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Coldwell Real Estate Services will certainly help you find the ideal home for you and your family in Dunnellon, and we guarantee that you will love your investment and your new community.
Dunnellon Homes For Sale | Finding Your Dream Home
Moving to Dunnellon, Florida? If you want to find homes for sale in Dunnellon, you’ll need the help of an experienced realtor. Whether you’re drawn to historic, well-established homes or new construction along the town’s riverbanks, Dunnellon has something for everyone.
In this post, our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Coldwell Real Estate Services will discuss everything you need to know about this small town, so you can decide whether it’s the right fit for you. We’ll cover the housing market, job market, cost of living, and more.
- Dunnellon is a small town in Marion County. It has a population of 1,928 residents and a mix of rural and suburban characteristics.
- In recent months, the median price of homes for sale in Dunnellon was $278,000. This is an 11.6% increase from the same point last year.
- Dunnellon has a job growth rate of 31.88%, which is slightly higher than the national average of 30.54%. The unemployment rate is 4.7%.
- Dunnellon’s cost of living is 13% lower than the U.S. average and 16% lower than the Florida average.
- The violent crime rate in Dunnellon is 17.7%, which is five percent lower than the U.S. average of 22.7%. The property crime rate is 74.4%.
Should I Live in Dunnellon?
Dunnellon is a small town in Marion County. It has a population of 1,928 residents and a mix of rural and suburban characteristics. Dunnellon captures the essence of small-town charm while offering a range of amenities, making it an appealing destination for homebuyers looking to live in a community that values tranquility, nature, and suburban living.
Known for its crystal-clear springs, such as those in Rainbow Springs State Park, living in Dunnellon is perfect for those who want to be close to the outdoors. The real estate landscape in Dunnellon is also diverse, including a mix of historic homes in the downtown district and modern constructions along the riverbanks.
The area’s subtropical climate ensures sunny days and mild winters, perfect for enjoying outdoor activities year-round.
What’s the Housing Market Like in Dunnellon?
In recent months, the median price of homes for sale in Dunnellon was $278,000. This is an 11.6% increase from the same point last year. The median price per square foot was $164, which is a 13.9% decrease compared to a year ago.
Most homes spend an average of 34 days on the market before selling and tend to sell for about seven percent under their list price. The hottest homes sell as fast as 11 days. Overall, the market is somewhat competitive.
How Do I Find Homes For Sale in Dunnellon?
If you want to find homes for sale in Dunnellon, you’ll need to work with an experienced realtor. A realtor has access to exclusive resources they can use to make your home search easier, like the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
They can also help you find off-market homes and connect you to home builders and new home developers.
With a realtor by your side, you can use several other methods on your house-hunting journey, such as:
- Visit Real Estate Websites: Use popular real estate websites such as Zillow, Realtor.com, and Redfin to browse a wide range of available properties. However, the pricing information on these sites can be inaccurate, so be sure to check with your realtor when you find a listing.
- Look on Social Media: Join local real estate groups on social media platforms like Facebook. These groups often share property listings, and you can seek recommendations from other members.
- Drive Through Neighborhoods: Take a drive or walk through neighborhoods you’re interested in. Some sellers may opt for traditional “For Sale” signs instead of online listings.
- Attend Open Houses: Open houses are a great way to physically explore homes and get a feel for different neighborhoods. Check local listings or inquire with real estate agents about upcoming open houses.
- Ask Your Network: Inform friends, family, and colleagues that you are in the market for a home. Word of mouth can sometimes lead to unique opportunities and off-market listings.
Are There Luxury Homes in Dunnellon?
Yes, there are luxury homes for sale in Dunnellon. To explore the current availability of luxury listings, it’s recommended to connect with our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Coldwell Real Estate Services. We can provide information on the latest listings and market trends, and help you discover homes that may not be listed publicly online. Whether you’re drawn to expansive estates, custom-built residences, or homes with exceptional craftsmanship, our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Coldwell Real Estate Services can help you find what you’re looking for.
Are There New Construction Homes in Dunnellon?
Dunnellon has experienced ongoing real estate development, and new construction homes are available in several neighborhoods. However, the availability of new construction homes can vary depending on the area and market demand.
If you’re considering purchasing a new home in Dunnellon, reach out to our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Coldwell Real Estate Services today. We have connections with all the top home builders in the area and can help you find new construction homes for sale in Dunnellon.
What Are the Best Neighborhoods in Dunnellon?
Chatmire/ City Center
Chatmire/ City Center is a rural and suburban neighborhood with a median home price of $216,086. This means homes in the area have lower prices compared to 82% of other neighborhoods across Florida and 69.6% of neighborhoods across the country. Chatmire/ City Center is known for small to medium-sized single-family homes, most of which were built between 1970 and 1999.
Citrus Springs is a suburban neighborhood. It has a mix of single-family homes and townhomes, with a median home price of $276,800. This makes it cheaper than 70% of Florida neighborhoods and 56.7% of neighborhoods in the U.S. Citrus Springs is known for having more new construction, built between 2000 and the present. The area is also known for being in the top 12.8% of family-friendly neighborhoods in the state.
Dunnellon East is a rural neighborhood of small to medium-sized single-family homes. The median real estate price is $87,649, which makes it lower priced compared to 97.7% of neighborhoods in Florida and 95.5% of U.S. neighborhoods. There’s a mix of new construction and well-established homes in the area, with most homes built between 1970 and 1999.
Rocksprings is a rural neighborhood with small to medium-sized single-family homes. Homes in the community have a median price of $356,357. This makes the area more expensive than 46.5% of neighborhoods in the state and 56% of neighborhoods in the country. Rocksprings is known as being a great neighborhood for retirees– it’s rated as a better place to live for those of retirement age than 86.5% of Florida neighborhoods.
What’s the Quality of Life in Dunnellon?
Schools in Dunnellon are under Marion County Public Schools. There are 65 schools across the entire district serving around 43,000 students. Dunnellon has its own elementary, middle, and high schools, with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. Schools in Dunnellon spend $9,101 per student on average, which is less than the national average of $12,383.
Dunnellon has a job growth rate of 31.88%, which is slightly higher than the national average of 30.54%. The unemployment rate is 4.7%, compared to 4.1% for the U.S. as a whole. The average individual income is $30,477 and the average household income is $34,348.
Cost of Living
Dunnellon’s cost of living is 13% lower than the U.S. average and 16% lower than the Florida average. The highest cost is utilities, which is about eight percent higher than the Florida average and nine percent higher than the national average. The lowest cost is housing, which is about 31% lower than the average cost in the rest of the country and 30% lower than the state average.
Crime and Safety
The violent crime rate in Dunnellon is 17.7%, which is five percent lower than the U.S. average of 22.7%. The property crime rate is 74.4% which is about double the national average of 35.4%. The violent crime rate in the town has decreased throughout the years but remained relatively equal to the state average.
Weather and Climate
Dunnellon has a subtropical climate characterized by warm temperatures and high humidity levels throughout the year. Summers bring the heat, with daytime temperatures often soaring into the 90s°F.
Winters are mild and dry, with daytime temperatures ranging from the 60s°F to 70s°F. Dunnellon experiences a distinct wet season from June to September, marked by increased rainfall and occasional tropical storms.
Healthcare and Hospitals
Dunnellon has 157 physicians per 100,000 residents, compared to the U.S. average of 210 physicians. The cost of healthcare is 7.3% lower than the national average. The closest hospitals and urgent care centers are:
- AdventHealth Ocala
- Munroe Regional Medical Center
- Ocala Regional Medical Center
- CareSpot Urgent Care
- Family Care Specialist Urgent Care
- Citrus Memorial Hospital Emergency Room – Citrus Hills
What Are the Top Things to Do in Dunnellon
Dunnellon has many attractions and activities to explore. Some of the top options in the area are:
- Rainbow Springs State Park: A beautiful state park known for its crystal-clear springs, lush landscapes, and outdoor activities like kayaking, tubing, and hiking.
- KP Hole Park: Another popular spot for tubing and kayaking on the Rainbow River. It’s a great place to enjoy the natural beauty of the area.
- Dunnellon Historic District: Take a stroll through the historic district to admire the charming architecture, quaint shops, and local eateries.
- Dunnellon Depot: A historic train depot turned museum, providing insights into the town’s railroad history.
- Tubing on the Rainbow River: Experience the thrill of tubing down the spring-fed Rainbow River, surrounded by picturesque scenery.
How Can I Find the Best Homes in Dunnellon?
Find the best Dunnellon homes for sale when you work with Scott Coldwell and our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Coldwell Real Estate Services. Our real estate experts are the go-to professionals in Dunnellon and the greater Ocala area.
Our commitment to understanding the unique needs of all our clients, coupled with an unparalleled knowledge of Dunnellon’s real estate landscape, sets us apart from the competition.
In addition, our unique buyer guarantees, such as our Buy it Back Guarantee, ensure that your home-buying experience is stress-free and risk-free.
People Also Ask
What major city is Dunnellon, Florida, close to?
Dunnellon is about 35 minutes away from Ocala, Florida.
Is Dunnellon, Florida, a good place to retire?
Yes, Dunnellon is known for having a large population of retirees.
What is Dunnellon known for?
Dunnellon is known for its history as a phosphate mining town.
Is Dunnellon, FL, rural?
Dunnellon has a mixture of rural and suburban characteristics.
Is Dunnellon a city or town?
Dunnellon is a small town.