At Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Coldwell Real Estate Services, we provide access to the most up-to-date listings of Summerfield homes for sale, along with comprehensive market reports and more.
Situated in Marion County, Central Florida, Summerfield is a suburban enclave that offers convenient proximity to larger urban centers like Ocala. The real estate landscape in Summerfield is primarily made up of single-family homes, making it a great place for families and individuals who want a more quiet, peaceful lifestyle without giving up access to the amenities of larger cities.
When you partner with Scott Coldwell and our seasoned real estate team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Coldwell Real Estate Services, you’ll discover homes for sale in Summerfield easily.
We’ve assisted countless homebuyers in securing their ideal properties at competitive prices. In addition, our exclusive buyer guarantees, like our Buy it Back Guarantee, ensure your home-buying journey is risk-free.
Thinking about moving to Summerfield? Learn more about restaurants, things to do, and daily life in the area by reading our short guide:
Living in Summerfield
Summerfield Homes For Sale | Finding Your Dream Home
Find Summerfield homes for sale when you work with our realtors at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Coldwell Real Estate Services. In this guide, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about life in this small town.
We’ll cover the cost of living, housing market, job market, and more, so you can make informed decisions before starting your house-hunting journey.
- Located in Marion County, Summerfield is a small town with a population of 33,187 residents. It has a mix of rural and suburban characteristics.
- In recent months, the median sale price of Summerfield homes for sale was $445,000, which is a 10.2% decrease from the same point last year.
- The job market in Summerfield is growing by 31.88%, which is slightly higher than the U.S. average of 30.54%.
- The cost of living in Summerfield is 13% lower than in the rest of the U.S. and 16% lower than in the rest of Florida.
- The violent crime rate in Summerfield is 21%, which is lower than the national average of 22.7%. The property crime rate is also lower than the U.S. average.
Should I Live in Summerfield?
Located in Marion County, Summerfield is a small town with a population of 33,187 residents. With a mix of rural and suburban elements, living in Summerfield caters to those who appreciate a laid-back lifestyle while still enjoying easy access to amenities in nearby cities in the Ocala metro area.
Known for its picturesque landscapes, the area boasts lush greenery, charming neighborhoods, and proximity to the sparkling waters of Lake Weir. The community’s warm atmosphere and family-friendly atmosphere contribute to its appeal.
What’s the Housing Market Like in Summerfield?
In recent months, the median sale price of Summerfield homes for sale was $445,000, which is a 10.2% decrease from the same point last year. The median sale price per square foot is $283, which is an 11.4% increase from the previous year.
Most homes spend an average of 45 days on the market before selling and tend to sell for 2.5% under their list price. The hottest homes sell as fast as 10 days, on average.
How Do I Find Homes For Sale in Summerfield?
There are many ways to find homes for sale in Summerfield. Some of the top methods are:
- Real Estate Websites: Explore popular real estate websites like Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, and Redfin to search for available homes. These platforms provide comprehensive listings, photos, and details about properties.
- Open Houses: Attend open houses to view homes in person and get a feel for different neighborhoods. It’s also an opportunity to meet real estate agents.
- Word of Mouth: Inform friends, family, and coworkers that you’re in the market for a home. They might have recommendations or know someone looking to sell.
- Home Builders: If you’re interested in new construction, visit model homes or contact local home builders to explore available options.
- Local Government Programs: Some municipalities offer programs to help homebuyers and may have listings of affordable housing.
Whatever methods you use, be sure to work with a licensed real estate agent. Working with a realtor is essential because they have access to exclusive resources like the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and can provide personalized assistance in finding homes that match your criteria.
They also have large networks of other realtors they can contact to find out about new listings in your desired locations.
Are There Luxury Homes in Summerfield?
Yes, you can find luxury homes for sale in Summerfield or the surrounding area. However, it’s important to note that many luxury homes aren’t listed publicly online– you’ll need the help of a professional realtor who specializes in the luxury market. At Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Coldwell Real Estate Services, we can help you find the latest listings. Contact us today at 352-290-3512 to get started.
Are There New Construction Homes in Summerfield?
Yes, you can find new construction homes for sale in Summerfield. Reach out to our team at 352-290-3512 to get in touch with the top home builders in the area. We can make sure you find a brand-new home that fits your budget and criteria, and help you negotiate a fair price.
What Are the Best Neighborhoods in Summerfield?
Lake Weir is a suburban neighborhood with a mix of small to medium-sized single-family homes. The median home price is $336,693, which is more expensive than 45% of Florida neighborhoods and 51.5% of U.S. neighborhoods. Lake Weir is known as a great place to live for retirees, ranking better than 86.1% of Florida neighborhoods.
Summerfield East is also a suburban neighborhood with small to medium-sized single-family homes. The median home price is $385,989, which is 52.7% more expensive than other Florida neighborhoods and 60.2% of other U.S. neighborhoods. The average income in Summerfield East is lower compared to 71.5% of U.S. neighborhoods, and there are both well-established and new construction homes in the community.
Summerfield North is a suburban neighborhood with a median home price of $390,025. This makes it more expensive than 53.5% of Florida neighborhoods and 60.9% of U.S. neighborhoods. There’s a mix of small to medium-sized single-family homes, most of which are new construction built between 2000 and the present. Summerfield North has more brand-new homes compared to 98.3% of U.S. neighborhoods.
What’s the Quality of Life in Summerfield?
Summerfield is served by Marion County Public Schools, which has 43,000 students across 65 schools. The student-teacher ratio is 16 to 1 and the district spends $9,101 per student, which is less than the U.S. average of $12,383. 89.5% of students graduate high school, which is higher than the Ocala metro area and state averages.
The job market in Summerfield is growing by 31.88%, which is slightly higher than the U.S. average of 30.54%. The unemployment rate is 4.7%, higher than the national average of 4.1%. The average individual income is $30,653 and the average household income is $60,831.
Cost of Living
The cost of living in Summerfield is 13% lower than in the rest of the U.S. and 16% lower than in the rest of Florida. The highest cost is utilities, which are 6.8% higher than the national average and 5.5% higher than the rest of the state. The lowest cost is housing, which is 30% cheaper than the rest of the U.S. and 31.1% cheaper than the rest of Florida.
Crime and Safety
The violent crime rate in Summerfield is 21%, which is higher than the national average of 22.7%. The property crime rate is also lower than the U.S. average, at 26.9% compared to 35.4%. The violent crime rate has historically been about equal to the state and national averages.
Weather and Climate
Summerfield has a humid subtropical climate characterized by warm to hot temperatures. Daytime temperatures in the summer often reach into the 90s Fahrenheit. There are also frequent thunderstorms during this time.
Winters are mild, with daytime temperatures ranging from the 60s to 70s Fahrenheit. Frost and snow are rare, and the region seldom experiences freezing temperatures. Given its coastal location, Summerfield is susceptible to tropical weather systems, particularly during the Atlantic hurricane season, which runs from June to November.
Healthcare and Hospitals
Healthcare in Summerfield is 7.3% cheaper than the national average. There are also 156 physicians per 100,000 residents compared to 210 physicians for the national average. Some hospitals and urgent care centers near the town are:
- The Villages Regional Hospital
- Ocala Regional Medical Center
- AdventHealth Ocala
- CareSpot Urgent Care – The Villages
- MedOne Urgent Care
What Are the Top Things to Do in Summerfield
While Summerfield itself is a relatively small community, its proximity to larger areas like The Villages and natural attractions like Lake Weir ensures that residents and visitors have a range of activities to enjoy. Some of the top things to do in the area are:
- Lake Weir: Enjoy water activities on Lake Weir, such as boating, fishing, and swimming. The lake offers beautiful scenery and a relaxing environment.
- Carney Island Recreation and Conservation Area: Visit this park for hiking trails, picnicking, and water activities. It’s a serene spot with views of Lake Weir.
- Orange Blossom Hills Golf & Country Club: Golf enthusiasts can tee off at this golf course, offering a challenging game amid scenic surroundings.
- Summerfield Community Center: Check out local events and activities hosted at the community center. It’s a hub for social gatherings and community engagement.
- Market of Marion: Explore this large flea market with a variety of vendors offering everything from antiques to fresh produce.
- Ocklawaha Prairie Restoration Area: Nature enthusiasts can explore this restoration area with hiking trails and diverse wildlife, providing a peaceful escape.
How Can I Find the Best Homes in Summerfield?
Find the best homes in Summerfield when you work with Scott Coldwell and Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Coldwell Real Estate Services. With nearly 20 years of experience in the business, we’re deeply familiar with the local housing market trends.
We’re also strongly committed to delivering high-quality customer service. That’s why we provide an exclusive VIP Buyer Program with exclusive benefits such as our Buy it Back Guarantee, the latest Summerfield property listings, and complimentary educational resources.
People Also Ask
What is Summerfield, Florida, known for?
Summerfield is known for its tourist attractions like Lake Weir, Carney Island Recreation and Conservation Area, and the Ocklawaha Prairie Restoration Area.
How did Summerfield, Florida, get its name?
Summerfield was originally named Whitesville until 1888, when the name was changed to honor Colonel Adam G. Summer.
What is the zip code for Summerfield, Florida?
Summerfield zip codes are 34491 and 34492.
What is the median income in Summerfield, Florida?
The median individual income is $30,653 and the median individual income is $60,831.
How many people live in Summerfield, FL?
Summerfield has a population of 31,192 residents.