If you’re planning to buy or sell a house, it’s important to do your research on the average home prices in Ocala, FL. It’s important to find this information before entering the housing market, so that you can make the most informed decisions possible.
For homebuyers, knowing the average home prices is crucial for understanding how much house you can afford. For sellers, understanding the market is key to achieving a fast and profitable home sale.
In this post, our team at Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Coldwell Real Estate Services will provide an overview of the current average home prices in Ocala. We’ll also discuss the factors that cause home prices to shift, as well as offer tips for navigating a down real estate market.
What Are Average Home Prices in Ocala, FL?
As of March 2023, the housing market in Ocala is experiencing a seller’s market, with high demand from buyers, low supply of homes, and high home prices. In addition, homes spend less time on the market. However, the rising interest rates and high inflation that have been impacting the broader economy are still affecting the Ocala housing market.
In February 2023, the median sales price for a home in Ocala was $285,000, marking a 10.9% increase from the previous year. Homes sold relatively quickly, spending an average of 38 days on the market. But this was still 19 days longer than the same period in the previous year.
Moreover, the sale-to-list price was at 97%. On top of that, 15.2% of homes sold above the asking price, which is 17.5% lower compared to 2022.
What Factors Influence Home Prices The Most?
If you’re considering entering the housing market, it’s crucial to understand the various economic and social forces that can impact property value in a given area. Here are some of the top reasons home prices fluctuate:
- Demographic trends. Variables such as age, income, education level, and family size can impact the housing market. For instance, if new parents in a particular area move to the suburbs because they want to be close to quality schools, prices will rise with demand.
- Economic factors. Rising interest rates, inflation, recession, and other economic conditions may discourage home buyers and sellers from entering the market, ultimately leading to a decrease in demand and home prices.
- Availability of housing. Home prices are largely influenced by housing supply and demand levels. If there is a large supply but little demand, it leads to lower prices. On the other hand, low supply coupled with high demand raises home prices.
- Interest rates. When interest rates are high, it makes mortgages more expensive. As a result, many home buyers, especially first-time buyers, delay buying a home. High rates also lead to sellers lowering their asking prices to appeal to buyers.
- Seasonal trends. It’s common for sellers to list their homes in the spring or summer months. This is when buyer demand is generally higher, which causes home prices to rise. In contrast, the colder months generally see less demand and lower prices.
What Can Buyers and Sellers Expect Before Entering the Housing Market?
So, what can home buyers and sellers do to navigate the current real estate market? If you’re selling a home, you might need to prepare for a longer sale. Keep in mind that in a balanced market, it isn’t necessarily a bad sign if your home stays on the market for a few weeks.
You may also need to lower the asking price of your home to attract home buyers, who are already facing more expensive mortgage payments.
If you’re buying a home, you might expect less competition from other buyers, as high interest rates keep many people out of the market. Another benefit of fewer buyers is that you have a better chance of the home seller accepting your initial offer.
This is because sellers know there’s a greater supply of homes and not as many buyers in the market. As a result, they may be more willing to negotiate or agree to concessions to get a deal.
Of course, it’s critical to work with an experienced realtor in Ocala who can evaluate your situation and guide you through the current market conditions. That way, you can get the best possible deal when buying or selling a home.
Work With Scott Coldwell to Buy or Sell a Home in Ocala, Florida
If you need to buy or sell a home in Ocala, Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Coldwell Real Estate Services can help. Our real estate team has been serving the area for years and has developed a reputation as one of the best realtors.
We have in-depth knowledge of the historical market trends and average home prices in Ocala. On top of that, we have thousands of five-star reviews from clients who love working with us because of our commitment to customer service, communication skills, and unique buyer and seller guarantees.
This includes our Guaranteed Sale Program for sellers, which ensures your home sells within your desired time frame. If it doesn’t, we buy it ourselves.
For buyers, we offer our Buyer Protection Plan. With this program, we’ll buy your home back and sell it for free if you realize it isn’t the right fit for you. That way, you can truly be confident in your purchase decision.
To learn more about working with our team, give us a call at 352-209-0000 or fill out the form below for more information.