If you’re trying to sell your Ocala, Florida home, you may be wondering if you should invest in staging it. Staging a house simply means furnishing and decorating it in a way that makes it appealing to potential buyers and helps it sell faster and for more money.
- Staging makes homes sell faster and for more money
- Average cost of professional stagers is $2,000-$5,000
- Staging draws attention away from flaws and makes buyers emotionally connect with the home
The Benefits of Staging a House
Studies show that staged homes sell 88% faster and for up to 20% more money than non-staged homes. This is an impressive return on investment when you consider that the average cost to stage a home professionally is only between $2,000-$5,000. Other benefits include:
- Attracts more buyers and showings
- Buyers can better envision themselves in the home
- Draws attention away from any flaws or needed repairs
- Creates an emotional connection and “wow” factor
What Staging Entails
Staging typically involves:
- Decluttering and removing excess furniture to create a neat, spacious look
- Making minor repairs and improvements like fixing cracks or holes, patching walls, painting, deep cleaning carpets, etc.
- Furnishing the home with attractive, neutral furniture consistent with the home’s style
- Carefully arranging furniture and decor to showcase architectural details and make the space look its largest
The extent of staging can range from a basic tidy-up to a full, profession transformation with rented furniture and high-end accents. Even basic changes can make a noticeable difference.
Cost of Staging a House in Ocala, Florida
Professional home stagers in the Ocala area normally charge $1,000 to $3,000. The exact cost will vary based on factors like the size of your home and how much furniture needs to be brought in. Expect to pay more for luxury or high-end finishing touches.
Luckily, there are ways to keep costs down like borrowing furniture from friends, staging only key rooms buyers focus on most like the living room and master bedroom, or trying DIY house staging using tips from home stagers. Any efforts can increase your home’s appeal and value to buyers.
Investing in quality staging prior to listing your Ocala home for sale can maximize your profits and reduce time on market substantially. With an average of 20% return on investment possible, staging is well worth considering to get buyers competing for and more satisfied with your home.
Which Realtor Can Sell Your Ocala House Fast?
If you’re searching for the best realtor in Ocala and the surrounding area, look no further than Scott Coldwell and Your Home Sold Guaranteed Realty - Coldwell Real Estate Services. With 20 years of experience in the industry, we have what it takes to sell your home fast and get you top dollar at the same time.
Our track record of success is proven through our data– on average, we sell homes 48% faster and for 2.4% more money than our competitors. Plus, with our seller guarantees such as our Guaranteed Sale Program, you can ensure a risk-free home-selling experience.